How to protect yourself from direct sun during the summer heat!17/Jul/2017
Summers are intensely hot in UAE and therefore when you are in Abu Dhabi or any of the other Emirates, you need to dress wisely so that you can beat the heat and stay fresh all throughout the day. Unless you have the right kind of clothes with you, the summers in UAE can be an unbearable time of the year. Check out the following fashion rules as they can help you to stay cool in these hot summer days.
- It is a well known fact that dark colors soak up more heat than the lighter shades. Therefore you should always steer clear of black and other dark shades during the summer season. On the other hand, wear lighter shades such as white, pearl, peach and yellow as they can not only look fashionable but also help you to stay cool and comfortable at all times of the day.
- During the summer days, you should only wear breathable and comfortable fabrics that are light to your skin. Steer clear of fabrics like rayon, satin, nylon or wool that tends to hug the skin and make you perspire. Instead, wear only linen and cotton clothes that can absorb sweat easily and do not hug the body. Get the best in airy clothing like kurtis and light skirts instead of knit fabrics and denims. Light fabrics allow air to flow in easily and can keep your body cool at all times.
- While we do not recommend additional clothing materials unless it is absolutely necessary, it is always a good idea to wear hats and scarves when you are planning to go out during daytime or the afternoon hours. Scarves, stoles and hats made of cotton can offer protection against direct heat and loo. You can also combine scarves with hat for the same reason and create an awesome style statement.
- If you are planning to exercise on a regular basis, it is a good thing that you aim to take good care of your health. However, it is necessary that you exercise only moderately during the summer days so that you do not sweat too much. Excessive sweating can cause dehydration and even heat stroke. Therefore, if you intend to walk or run outdoors, make sure you do that in the early morning hours before sun comes out. Alternately, you can also perform such exercises during the late evening hours. All strenuous exercises must be performed either in the gyms or in the indoor areas.
- Avoid going out of the house unless it is extremely necessary. This will protect you from the heat and loo that is rampart in the outdoors. Instead, go out during the evenings as they are much cooler than the morning hours.
- To take good care of your skin, it is always good to wear a good sunscreen lotion in your skin as that can guard your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Make sure that the sunscreen has a SPF reading of 30 or higher.